“I’m a very happy Program Sponsor… the team have done an amazing job! Thank you for all your hard work in getting us to where we are.” Executive General Manager – Organisation Design & Development, HR
This Organisation had six different Learning Management Systems (LMS’) in operation which were costly to administer and offered limited or no integration with core systems. Leaders and learners were not deriving sufficient value from the systems with facilitator ratios to FTE and learning costs per FTE both considerably higher than industry standards. Reporting on the learning activity and effectiveness was not readily available. Moving to a single platform would further reinforce a ‘One team’ culture and the HR Simplification strategy.
The implementation of a single LMS would impact every employee and leader across the Group and while the change was not deemed high impact, it had the potential to enable a positive cultural shift and propel the organisation further along the maturity model.
The Change Strategy included rolling out a single LMS across the group (15,000 staff & 6,000 External).
The Group LMS project aims were to:
- consolidate the multiple learning systems used
- simplify learning operations
- track compliance requirements
- reduce spending in comparison to best practice
- provide a foundation to enable business units to align their learning activities to more cost-effective/best-practice models
The approach was context specific, fit-for-purpose and included:
- positioning the change as a cultural and business transformation NOT a systems implementation
- running the change and communications stream like a campaign
- focusing on Leaders as a separate user group
- exploring opportunities to bring varied forms of learning to life
- project team role modelling 70:20:10
- having ‘Simplification’ principals guide process re-engineering activities
- developing formal alignment between Group LMS project and HR Simplification
- aligning LMS rollout with other business unit project implementations
- Executed the change in line with the strategy. Mobilised and lead the change team for the duration of the project and provided in flight coaching to build capability in internal resources.
- Consolidated multiple learning systems used throughout the Group, simplified learning operations, tracked compliance requirements, reduced spending in comparison to best practice, and provided a foundation to let business units align their learning activities to more cost-effective/best-practice models.
- Laid strong foundations for a 70:20:10 learning culture and created leadership alignment
- Designed and anchored the change stream activities, deliverables and governance in agile principles in line with the client delivery approach