A global services company undertook a complex infrastructure transformation program. A team of two Blue Seed consultants were assigned to assess and manage the impacts on people, engage leaders and communicate the change to the organisation.
The program encompassed the following projects:
- Implementing Microsoft Office365
- Migrating core applications to the Cloud
- Enhancing security
- Upgrading telecommunications hardware
- Adopting ‘as-a-service’ solutions for a flexible workspace, including printing, hardware provisioning and support
As the program was fast moving with tight timeframes, our consultants quickly assessed the impacts on internal business groups to develop a holistic and detailed plan for engagement and communication.
Some of the IT projects were particularly complex and our consultants worked diligently alongside the organisation’s internal and outsourced IT project teams to understand the end-user impacts.
Teleconferences and workshops were conducted to engage leaders and ensure their understanding and endorsement of the program. Impacted groups benefited from tailored, easy to understand communications and training materials.
Communication and engagement initiatives included:
- the development of a change agent network to assist with the global implementation of Office365
- eye-catching templates for email communications
- quick reference guides
- support pages on the organisation’s intranet
Blue Seed played a crucial role in managing the people side of this large-scale transformation program, providing deep expertise in engagement, communication and training.
- Leaders were engaged and consulted throughout the program
- A detailed engagement and communication plan was created to manage business expectations
- Change communications were aligned with the program’s deployment schedule and delivered in a timely manner
- A change agent network was created and was highly effective in ensuring business readiness across global locations